Monday, October 6, 2014

(REVIEW) Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence

Hi there!

Today's review is about Secret Key's Starting Treatment Essence (STE), which is a watery essence that some people even say is a dupe of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (FTE). As long as i know, Secret Key is a korean brand, and SK-II is a japanese brand, so i don't see any hints of copying. I never use SK-II FTE, so here's my honest opinion about STE ^^


The bottle is made of matte plastic material with silver cap, just like SK-II. It has the word, "Galactomyces Contained" on it. I bet some of you know about this already, but if you don't, you can google it :) basically galactomyces is a type of yeast that produced in the process of sake-making. There's no enough proof of the effects on skin, but there's some medicinal journal about it.

Here's one of them:
http://www.mattek.com/574-effects-of-galactomyces-ferment-filtrate-on-epidermal-barrier-marker-caspase-14-in-human-skin-cells

Okay, back to the review :)


The bottle has a quite wide mouth, i found it hard at first to control the amount of product i'll use. But you'll getting used through times.


The texture is watery, and it has a quite strong alcoholic smell, which in my opinion, comes from the fermentation process. Well, luckily i don't have any issues with cosmetics or skincare that have strong smell, so it's okay for me. But if you're a type that will be annoyed with strong-smell-cosmetics, maybe you should think twice before trying this.

Pros:
(+) cheap! I got it for about IDR 150k from local's online shop.
(+) moisturizes my skin well
(+) calming my skin
(+) acne scars gone, and i don't go through any weird purging with this product
(+) minimize blemishes

Cons:
(-) strong alcoholic smell, some people may find it too strong
(-) the bottle could get bulkier through times
(-) the 'mouth' is too wide

Overall:
I use it twice a day, morning and evening, after i wash my face. I slide 5-6 drops on my palm and tap it on my face and neck. I've been using this for about 3 months and quite happy with the result. My acne-prone skin is getting clearer and my avne scars are going away too ^^

Have you use this one? What do you think?

I would love to hear from you! ^^

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Nice revI've... I bought Secret Key starting treatment essence from online store based in Korea. It looks good and all but when I opened, there is no strong smell... Could it be fake?

Christabel Caroline Franswijaya said...

Hello, thanks for reading :) actually it depends on each person. For me, i don't think it has strong smell. But for my sis, she can't bear that because she's not used to perfumed-cosmetics or skincare. Also, i found that the smell is getting strongest by time. Maybe that's the effect of the fermentation thingy, so i don't think yours is fake, since the price is not too expensive either ^^

Unknown said...

Hi there! ;)
I also use this product and I love it very much. This product do a great job in calming my acne prone skin, it moisture and brighten my skin also ~ ♥

Kindly visit back to my blog http://dhe-ujha.blogspot.com
xoxo

Unknown said...

I dnt have acne problem on face but blackheads n bug pores, do u think its useful to keep using this STE?

Post a Comment

leave a comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com